To many people, a bed frame is a must-have item, whereas, for many others, it's a luxury. Depending on the need of yours, a bed frame can have different types of price variation. But, if you are looking for a bed frame to buy, you may find them from 25 dollars to 350 dollars.
On average bad frame cost, you have to spend an amount of around 70-600 dollars on a quality bed frame.
Realated post: baby crib and mattress cost?
What is a bed frame?
You are living in the 21st century, and there is a high chance that you are seeing a bed frame every now and then. But, a bed frame in the 16th century was not that common. Only the aristocratic people living that time could afford to sleep in a bed frame. Then again those frames will be nowhere if you compare them with a modern backdated frame.
Anyways, a bed frame or popularly known as a bedstead is a structure or frame where we position the mattress for having a better sleep. Bed-frame works as the foundation allowing you not to sleep on the floor.
Types of bed frames and cost
Minimum price range
Maximum price range
Average price range
If you search on the internet, you would find different types of bed frames that you may choose from. Most of the time, you would find more than 100 types of frames. For your better convenience, we are discussing some of them in the following section…
- Platform-based: These types of frames are the most common type. They tend to be lower to the ground removing the needs of the box spring.
- Bunk: These types of bed frames are the combination of two different frames in one single platform.
- Canopy: These types of bed frame have four-post, and they tend to be framed at the very top of the layer.
- Four posts: tThey also have four-post, but instead of a framed background, they are open.
- Adjustable: These types of frames are adjustable and easily moveable. Usually, they have some sort of wheel attached to their legs to move them easily from one place to another.
- Storage: These types of frames usually have the storage compartment to keep things.
- Poster: They usually have vertical columns in each of its sides.
- Murphy: This type of bed has a foldable feature so that you get the opportunity to fold them when not in use.
- Sleigh: Scrolled head and footboards made from heavy wood make them quite aesthetic to look at.
- Folding: Folding beds are quite efficient because of the hinged attached to it. It allows you to fold it when not in use.
There are as many as 100+ types of bed frames available that you may choose from. But, in most of the cases, they will befall on the categorythat we have discussed above.
Bed frame suggestions
In case you are thinking about buying a new bed frame, this particular section is for you,where we will be suggesting four quality frames that you may consider to choose from…
- The first frame to consider is Zinus Lottie Upholstered Platform Grey Bed Frame.The availability of four different styles and two different colors makes it a preferable choice. The classic comfort and durable design make it a better choice at any time.
- Zinus Shawn 14 Inch Metal SmartBase Bed Frame is the second recommendation from our site to consider. This one comes with a platform-based design, and it is available in seven different sizes to choose from. If you are moving from here and there, then this one can be a better option.
- The third great frame that should be on your wish list is the DHP Rosedale Canopy Bed, Gold, Queen. This one comes with a canopy design, and the sturdy metal construction gives it a sleek look that you would love unconditionally.
- Finally, the Classic Brands Black Adjustable bed frame is our last recommendation that you may consider buying. This one befalls in the category of the adjustable frame and is available in six different sizes to choose from. The heavy-duty steel frame construction and the portable design make it a great item for every busy individual out there.
How to make a bed frame?
Making a new frame by your own self is not a kind of easy task that you can accomplish. Proper craftsmanship is highly required to do so. There are five basic components that you should be looking at to make a bed frame. A headboard, footboard, two horizontal rails, and wooden slats are the thing that you need to be good at making to complete the structure.
Bed frame size
One of the most important aspects that you should be looking at while buying a new bed frame is the size of the frame. In general, there are six different sizes available that you would find in the market. Let's have a look at all the different sizes and dimensions of every bed frame.
- Twin- these types of frames are ideal for the children, and they come with a mattress dimension of 38 inches by 75 inches.
- Twin XL- this is the updated version of the twin. These types of the frame have a dimension of 38 inches by 80 inches.
- Full shape- a dimension of 54 inches by 75 inches gives them a quite larger space to settle.
- Queen shape- these types of frames are usually the luxurious one. They have a dimension of around 60 inches by 80 inches.
- King shape- the largest frame you would find in the market falls in this category. They come with a dimension of around 76 inches by 80 inches.
- California king- finally, there is another kind of frame that is the updated version of the king itself. California king has a dimension of around 72 inches by 84 inches.
Depending on the needs and comfort zone, one should pick up the right bed frame. There are as much as 100 different types of frame that you would find in the market. But, at the end of the day, its completely your decision which one you will go for…
Knowledge: wood bed frame .pdf