If you have clicked on this article, the probability is you are thinking about buying a new water softener but are dubious about the price and quality of the softener that you are going to buy.
No worries at all! To buy a new water softener, you might have to spend an amount of around 300 dollars to 3500 dollars. Depending on the types and quality, the price range tends to fluctuate from one point to another.
Stay tuned to gain better knowledge about the price and types of every water softener.
What is a water softener system
This one is a pretty good question. If you are thinking about buying a new water softener system, you should have some knowledge about the functional properties of the system. That is how you are going to get the bet out of it.
A water softener is a machine or unit that works to remove the ions from the water to make it soft. The water softener system especially works on removing the ions like calcium, magnesium, or iron making the water softer.
Types of water softeners
If it is about categorizing the types of every water softener, then it would befall into two main categories.
- Salt-based: the first type of the category is popularly known as salt-based. These types use salt to remove the ion (calcium, magnesium, or iron) or minerals from the water. In general, salt-based water softener tends to be more expensive. The average price range for a salt-based water softener would be from 500 dollars to 3500 dollars.
- Salt-free: The second type of softener that you would find is salt-free. They don't use any sort of salt to refine the water instead this type of system uses some mechanism that helps to soften the water to a great extent. This type of softener tends to be cheap but not below average. You may find them with a price range of 300 dollars to 2000 dollars.
Water softener recommendation
In this particular section, we are going to talk about the three best water softeners that you may think about choosing from.
- The first product recommendation from our site is the iSpring RCC7AK 6-Stage Superb Taste Water Filter. With the six stages filtration process and a mid-range price, this one should make your experience great with water.
- The second recommendation from our site is the Fleck 5600SXT 48,000 Grain Water Softener. The digital on-demand meter and the48,000 grain or 1.5 cubic feet of high capacity should make you happy in every aspect of the presentation.
The final recommendation from our site for a water softener is the Pentair WS48-56sxt10 Fleck water softener, Black.the perfect digital metered control head and the easy installation process of this softener should be the worth of your budget.
Water softener installation cost
Installing a new water softener can be both cheap and expensive. Many factors are there that actually can affect the cost of the installation. We will be talking about all this in the latter part of this section. But, for now, the average price range that you may have to spend to install a new water softener is around 500 dollars to 3000 dollars. Down below are the factors that can affect the price of the installation.
- The first and the most important part that affects the installation price is the size of the softener that you are installing. The larger the size, the higher the price.
- The second fact that affects the price range of the softener is the type of water that you are using. If the water's hardness level is too high, the installation cost will be high without any doubts.
- The final fact that would greatly affect the price of the installation is the type of softener that you are thinking about installing. If it is a salt-based softener the installation process is going to be costlier whereas for a salt-free softener the installation cost will be a little lower.
Video: how to install a water softner (youtube)
water softener vs. water conditioner
Water softener and water conditioner both works to reduce the hardness of the water. But are they the same? Or is there any kind of difference between them?
The probable answer is that they are not the same, but most of their functional properties are kind of the same.
If you have a water softener, then it will completely clean or remove the minerals from the water, whereas a water conditioner won't. A water conditioner will alter the percentage of the minerals of the water. But, it will not completely vanish the minerals. That means if you own a water conditioner the ions will not be completely reduced rather minimized.
Completely removes the ion from the water
Alter the percentage of the ion, but don’t completely remove the iron from the water.
Tackle all types of water conditions.
Don't tackle all the water condition.
The old version of the water purification.
New and quite innovative.
Works on scale
Can break up biofilm
Remove water contamination
Remove water contamination to a great extent.
Why is it necessary to have a water softener?
Every water condition of this world is not going to remain in a favorable condition. Many chemicals and contamination can actually make the water hard. A water softener works to soften the hardness of the water so that you can remain calm about the severity of the water. Using too much hard water can impact badly on the skin and hair of your body. Besides, contamination can clog the pipe by blocking it to a great extent. If you are living in a condition where the hardness of water is too high, maybe it’s time to think about having a new water softener.
A water softener is a must-have item when the severity of hardness or the contamination level of the water is too high. but, when you are thinking about buying one, make sure you are choosing the best item with a great price and quality.
Last Updated on July 24, 2022 by j.chuton